LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The power of social media is being used to help a Valley Station mother who is dealing with an unthinkable tragedy.
Her husband and two children died in a case of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at their home in late November.
Juvenal Garcia, 39, Mayra, 8, and Cruz, 3, were found in the family’s garage.
Police believe the father was warming up the car when it happened.
The Facebook group We are Valley Station has started a GoFundMe and in just four days it’s raised $15,000.
“As a community, we want to embrace this mother and you know hold her up for as long as she needs us,” Ernie Pack, of the We are Valley Station Facebook page, said. “And that’s what we’re trying to do. That’s why we’re trying to raise as much money as we can.”
They’re hoping to raise at least $20,000 to pay for the funerals.
Others have stepped up to help, too, offering to donate cemetery plots and flowers for the funerals.
Click or tap here to donate to the GoFundMe.