BENTON, KY (WAVE) - The Marshall County School District is being sued by the families of four students who were shot in a school shooting one year ago.
The suit is being filed by the families of Dalton Keeling, Mary Bella James, Gage Smock and Bailey Holt.
Holt was one of the two victims who died in the shooting, the three other students were injured.
- 2 dead, 18 injured in Marshall County school shooting
- Students, officials react to Marshall Co High School shooting
- ‘She never came’: Marshall County shooting victim’s family speaks
- Police: Teen saw shooting as experiment, showed no remorse
- Step-parent of accused Marshall County school shooter may face charges
According to the lawsuit, school leaders “knew or should have known” the gunman was dangerous.
The family of Preston Cope, who was also killed in the shooting, said they are not involved in this lawsuit.