- Most simple injury traffic accidents involve at least 2 car insurance companies and at least 1 medical insurance carrier.
- Insurance adjusters are paid to investigate accidents, determine fault and pay legitimate claims, while saving the insurance company's money.
- All state laws provide deadlines for suing called Statutes of Limitations.
- The exact date of expiration depends on several factors: type of case (injury, contract, etc), whether the injured person is a minor & other factors.
- KY Auto No Fault protects the guilty party from getting sued in less severe injury cases.
- Certain fractures, more than $1000 in medical bills or permanent injuries restores the injured person's right to go to court.
- $500,000 is the maximum amount an Ohio court can award against a doctor for pain and suffering, including paralysis.
- If a doctor apologizes for an error in Ohio or Indiana, the apology CANNOT be used in court. No other profession has such evidentiary protection.
- In Kentucky, doctor apologies CAN be used as evidence.
- A Will is not filed in Court until AFTER the persons death.
- A Testamentary Trust is written in a will and becomes effective after a person has died. This trust is often used to provide for minor children after the death of a parent.
- Blood Alcohol driving limits have gone from .15 in the late 1960's to .08 in most states today. Some currently propose .05 be the new limit.
- DUI checkpoints almost always result in less than 1% of the stopped drivers being convicted of DUI
- Cincinnati's first Chief of Police was appointed in the 1850's with a force of about 100.
- Chief Blackwell is the 14th Cincinnati Police Chief over a force of about 1300.
- Cincinnati was the first to use call boxes on the street for police communication in 1879.
- New Ohio minimum liability car insurance limits of $25,000 per person go into effect on December 22, 2013.
- Be helpful if the wreck is your fault, but make no admissions and call your agent pronto!
- In 2012, there were 1,122 deaths on Ohio roads.
- In 2012, 164 people were killed in motorcycle accidents, 68% rural and 32% urban.
- 65% of all U.S. divorces are initiated by women
- The average first marriage lasts 8 years
- In 2011, 3,757 people died in collisions with trucks, an 11.2 percent increase over 2009.
- About 1 in 10 highway deaths occurs in a crash involving a large truck.
- Social Security paid benefits to about 61.9 million people in 2012
- Social Security provided at least half the income for 64 % of the elderly in 2011
- In Ohio as of 9/8/13, 17,455 worker claims were filed
- A workers injury payment can be increased if the employer violated a specific safety requirement