What Students Need To Do in High School to Prepare for Collge
Freshman & Sophomore Years:
- Become familiar with college entrance requirements and college costs.
- Plan high school course selections to meet recommended coursework for college.
- Find out why you should go to college.
- Jan.-March: Identify important factors in choosing a college.
- Feb.-June: Register for and take a college entrance exam.
- March-Aug.: List, compare, and visit colleges; identify application and financial aid deadlines.
- Aug.-Nov.: Apply to colleges-be sure to meet deadlines. Retake your college entrance exam if you're not satisfied with your score. Completing additional coursework can help your performance.
- Nov.-Feb.: Apply for financial aid-be sure to meet deadlines.
- Nov.-April: Make final decisions and send in deposits.
Source: ACT, Inc.