You may be watching your budget this holiday weekend, but that doesn't mean you have to give up your traditional 4th of July barbeque. By looking for sales, not overbuying, and using portion control, you can stretch your dollars. Substitute lean meat or turkey for burgers, and trade in sugary drinks for water with lemon or lime.
- Blue and white corn tortilla chips with red salsa (serve in blue bowl)
- Lean hamburgers (or turkey burgers) with white American cheese, onion and tomato
- Whole wheat bun
- Garden pasta salad (recipe below)
- Strawberry, blueberry, vanilla yogurt parfait (recipe below)
- Water with lime slices
Red, White and Blue Parfait:
- Blue Berries
- Meijer Vanilla Yogurt (or Whip Topping)
Layer strawberries, yogurt or topping and then blueberries for a simple, refreshing and healthy sweet treat!
Garden Pasta Salad
- 1 box of Meijer whole wheat pasta
- 1 bottle light ranch or italian dressing
- 1 bag Meijer Frozen Florentine Style Vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)