Asbestos discovered in office of late Councilman Unseld

By Shayla Reaves - bio | email

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Crews removing flooring uncovered asbestos in the office of late Councilman George Unseld. The findings came during a standard test conducted according to Metro Council Spokesperson Tony Hyatt. Hyatt said "there is always a test done for any type of asbestos" and this test "found an amount of asbestos in the glue used to hold the carpet to the ground." The spokesperson described the risk as minimal and said there are no plans to test other offices.  We're told a solvent will be used to dissolve the glue when the carpet is removed. The plan is to have the office painted and carpet replaced by Mid-July.

Copyright 2010 WAVE News. All rights reserved.