"WAVE-TV HullabaLOU Ticket Giveaway"
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAVE-TV, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203 and Churchill Downs Entertainment, 700 Central Avenue, Louisville, KY 40208 ("Sponsors"). The promotion begins at 6 p.m. on July 6, 2010, and ends at 7:00am on Friday, July 16, 2010. Entries must be received by 3:00 pm EDT on July 16, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties which are in the WAVE-TV viewing area: Clark, IN; Floyd, IN; Harrison, IN; Bullitt, KY; Carroll, KY; Hardin, KY; Jefferson, KY; Meade, KY; Oldham, KY; Shelby, KY; Spencer, KY; Trimble, KY; and Henry, KY. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAVE-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies and employees of competitive television stations in the Louisville DMA and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. There are 2 ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 6 p.m. July 6, 2010, individuals can log on to www.wave3.com and complete the online entry form. Individuals can also enter by mailing or delivering in person their completed entry form including their name, address, age and phone number to WAVE-TV, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203.
- These contest rules will be available at the reception desk of the WAVE TV studios. Entries must be received by 3:00 pm EST on July 16, 2010 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
- Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WAVE-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WAVE-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WAVE-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). The grand prize winners will receive two 1-day passes to the HullabaLOU Music Festival at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on July 23 -25, 2010.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. The contest coordinator at WAVE-TV will randomly select the winning entrants from all entries. The names of these winners will be announced during WAVE 3 News at 11 between 11:00pm and 11:30pm on the following nights, July 12, July 13, July 14, July 15 and July 16, 2010. It is not necessary for the winners to be watching WAVE-TV at the time and they do not need to call in to qualify to win. The WAVE-TV contest coordinator will contact the winners by phone. Winner must pick up their prize at the WAVE-TV studios, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203 and sign the eligibility and contest release form.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a Release and Affidavit of Eligibility form within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Winners must take possession of prizes by July 22, 2010 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAVE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAVE-TV if WAVE-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAVE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases WAVE-TV and Churchill Downs Entertainment (Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAVE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAVE-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- Posting of Winner. For the name of the final winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAVE-TV, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203 or visit the website at www.wave3.com between July 16 and July 23, 2010.