WEST LAFAYETTE, IN (AP) - A smoky fire prompted the evacuation of 95 people from a Purdue University sorority house.
University officials say one woman was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and that all others escaped without injuries from the Delta Zeta house about 7 a.m. Wednesday.
Deputy campus fire chief James Heisel says residents in the first-floor room where the fire started reported seeing flames behind a futon, which was next to a window fan and wall heater.
The fire damaged that room and smoke damaged the adjacent room, hallways and rooms above.
House director Susan Rients says most of the sorority's resident moved in Tuesday.