Louisville, KY - Mobile users who want news and weather on the go now have more choices than ever. WAVE 3 News has launched new apps for the iPhone, Android and BlackBerry smartphones.
The apps are free and allow savvy smart phone users to get breaking news, weather and sports on the go.
The new weather apps for the iPhone and Android-powered phones are robust and feature highly responsive interactive maps optimized for 3G, 4G and WiFi performance and include features like:
- Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
- NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
- Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
- Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
- Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
- Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Integrated compass overlay
- Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
- Ability to easily save your favorite locations
- Full featured and user tested
- Weather Widget for unlock page
- Earthquake Plotting
- Storm Track Plotting
- Tropical Track Plotting
- Status bar alert acknowledgement
- Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
Downloading the apps is easy: just search for WAVE 3 News in the app store of your smart phone or click on the links on the right.
If you don't have a BlackBerry, Android or iPhone but would still like to stay informed, just log onto our mobile site by typing m.wave3.com from your feature phone's browser.