Man arrested for murder had been in jail, still not served EPO

Michael Greene
Michael Greene

By Elizabeth Donatelli - bio | email

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A Louisville woman filed a domestic violence order against a man she dated and lived with, but it was never served. That man, 32-year-old Michael Greene is now charged with murdering his ex-girlfriend, Ashley Davis. It turns out that 32-year-old Michael Greene was inside Metro Corrections and arraigned on that assault charge but still was never served the EPO.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says their deputies tried to serve him the EPO four times to the victim's house before he was arraigned and twice afterwards.

"The only thing they had was the one address of the petitioner and a notation of city at large, which means that basically beyond the address they don't know where he is," said Col. Carl Yates, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.

On November 8, Greene was supposed to be in court on the Domestic Violence Order, but he was never served. In that hearing, Davis told the judge she had given someone his brother and what she thought was his Mother's address, but never specified which law enforcement agency.

Greene's assault warrant lists an address in Louisville, which Davis's mother says belongs to Greene's brother. The LMPD arrest slip shows his address is in Waddy, KY. The victim's mother says she thinks that is his aunt's address who raised him.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says neither address was on the Domestic Violence Petition. We obtained a copy, but the address was taken out.

According to the arrest slip, Greene was arrested on the morning Nov. 8 for assaulting Davis. Court records show he bonded out later that day, but was never served the EPO while at Metro Corrections. Yates says his deputies found out he had been in jail from someone at Davis's residence on November 9, which was their sixth attempt to serve the EPO.

"We would have been there in minutes if we had known that," said Yates.

Greene was arraigned on several charges including robbing and murdering Davis. According to records, police believe he strangled her then took her cell phone and car. The judge set two bonds: one at $10,000 and the other at $100,000.

This comes ten days after he missed a court date on a domestic violence order Davis had filed against him.

They were re-scheduled to be back in court for that protective order on November 22nd.

Copyright 2010 WAVE News. All rights reserved.