HILLVIEW, KY (WAVE) - More cats have been found tortured and bound. WAVE 3 continues learning new details in this developing story.
Police in Bullitt County say they found the remains of cats Saturday night. Bullitt County Sheriff's Detective, Tim Waters says they were found by a tree behind the Tanyard Park Apartments off of Spring Lake Lane.
Waters had received a call from the Hillview Police Department after a woman called them to investigate. He says it appears the two cats found tortured and bound, had been there for a while.
Detective Waters says there are similarities to the cats that were found last month. He says they believe it may be connected to the Alex Phelps case, but that it is too early to tell at this point.
The 24-year-old was arrested and charged with torturing and killing cats. Police say Phelps confessed to stabbing and killing the animals using a sharp knife.
As WAVE 3 first told you, Phelps reportedly got some of these cats from Craigslist.
Some of the cats Phelps is connected to were found mutilated and tortured to death behind the Kroger off Preston Highway, which is a mile and a half from where the cats were found Saturday night in Bullitt County.
A Jefferson county judge entered a not guilty plea for Phelps. He's expected in court again on Jan. 10.
- More people contact WAVE 3 after man is charged with torturing and killing cats
- More viewers contact WAVE 3 saying they gave a Bullitt County man their cats
- Woman says man accused of torturing cats got the animals on Craigslist
- Bond set at $50K for man charged in cat abuse cases
- LMPD collects evidence to find who tortured and mutilated cats