LEXINGTON, KY (WAVE) - The Lexington Division of Police is working to identify and arrest a suspect(s) believed to be connected to burglaries at the following locations:
- H & M Grocery 1220 N. Limestone St (11/27/10)
- Fast Stop Marathon 1392 Trent Blvd (12/14/10)
- Pantry Market 460 Squires Rd (12/18/10)
- Marathon 1150 Versailles Rd (12/22/10)
- Fast Stop 771 Newtown Pike (12/23/10)
- Marathon 1768 Alexandria Dr (12/26/10 and 1/5/11)
- Marathon 647 W. Main St (1/5/11)
In each situation a male subject gains entry into the business by breaking out a door or window with a large rock or block. Once inside the business the suspect then steals numerous cartons of cigarettes and places them into a garbage bag or a container.
The suspect is described as a male, of unknown race, wearing: a gray hoodie, a black coat, dark-colored pants, and gloves. During several of the incidents the male is captured on video leaving the scene in a Ford Explorer.
Anyone with information about these burglaries or this suspect is asked to contact the Division of Police. Tips can be phoned into: the Division of Police at (859)258-3600, the Commercial Burglary Unit at (859)258-3700 or Bluegrass Crime Stoppers at (859)253-2020. You can also submit tips by cell phone. Simply text: "tips2020" plus your message to CRIMES (274637). Finally, information can be submitted by logging onto www.bluegrasscrimestoppers.com.