Posted by Mike Dever - email
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - After a night of steady downpours across Kentuckiana, rain continued falling Wednesday, causing problems as water spilled over onto the roads in several Kentuckiana neighborhoods.
In the 4100 block of Reidley Road in Shively, one resident said the whole street was underwater.
WAVE 3 Meteorologist Brian Goode tells us the rain total (as of noon on March 9) at Louisville Airport was 2.59" in 24 hours
Ohio River update:
McAlpine Upper now expected to hit flood stage Friday night (March 11) at 11 p.m. (flood stage is 23 feet) and peak Saturday morning at 23 feet six inches.
McAlpine Lower now expected to hit AND peak at flood stage Saturday morning (flood stage is 55 feet)
According to MetroSafe, as of 12:10 p.m., the following roads were closed due to high water:
- Seneca and Cherokee Parks have several flooded roads and residents are asked to stay away
- Lower River Road south of Fincastle
- Evelyn between Fifth and Southern Parkway
- Northbound Dixie, south of Pages Lane
- 800 Bl. Longfield Ave.
- Greenwood Rd. at Lucille Ave.
- 14,000 Bl. Brush Run Rd.
- KY 480 (Cedar Grove Rd.) in Bullitt Co. is closed near Woodsdale Road
- KY 2871 (Connector Road) is closed in Trimble Co. between the 0 & 1 mile marker
- KY 2885 (Bowman Lane) in Spencer Co. is closed near Netherton Lane
- KY 48 (Highgrove Road) is closed in Spencer Co. near Gordon Drive
Do not drive around barricades.
We'll continue to update this list and bring you the latest on flooding conditions in the area.