Pet rescued from burning building - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Pet rescued from burning building near Bellarmine; stove blamed for fire

Posted by Mike Dever - email

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Louisville Fire & Rescue crews quickly extinguished a fire early Tuesday at 2521 Saratoga Drive near Bellarmine University.

A woman outside the home noticed smoke and reported the fire just before 10 a.m. No one was home at the time, but firefighters did rescue the family dog from the home. It was taken to a vet to be treated for smoke inhalation.

It took 22 firefighters from Louisville Fire & Rescue about 10 minutes to get the blaze under control. Fire officials say there was smoke damage throughout the home.

Louisville Fire & Rescue Capt. Salvador Melendez says it's believed the fire may have started in the kitchen by a stove that was left on.

Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly