LOUISVILLE (WAVE) - Churchill Downs Executive Chef Joseph "Jo-Jo" Doyle has a great menu lined up for this year's Derby filled with classics and some new items like:
- BBQ Shrimp with Cheddar Cheese Grits – Jo-Jo has updated the recipe of this Derby classic.
- New Churchill Downs signature ice creams:
- Pink Silk ice cream - double white chocolate gelato with a raspberry swirl
- Derby Bourbon Crunch - bourbon caramel chocolate pecan gelato
- Niman Ranch Bourbon Sausage – sausage infused with Kentucky bourbon made specifically for Churchill Downs
- Superfecta Burger – Named after the four-way bet, this burger is made with four types of meat. The patty is handmade with ground beef and chorizo, then topped with BBQ pulled pork, bacon, fried onion strings, pepper jack cheese and cabbage slaw.
- New bourbon molasses chicken wings.
Doyl's crew will feed about 48,000 people on Friday for Oaks and 155,000 on Derby Day.