Limestone Grit Cakes
2 T Shallots
2 T Garlic
1 ¼ Ear of Corn (Fresh)
3 C Chicken Stock
½ T Cajun Season
3/4 C Weisenberger Grits
1/ 4 C Butter (Whole)
¼ C Gethsemani Cheese (Gruyere or any mild white cheese will work)
Salt 'n Pepper (to taste)
- Saute shallots and garlic.
- Add corn & chicken stock, cook until corn is tender.
- Reduce heat and add Cajun seasoning & grits.
- Cook slowly until grits are tender. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese & butter.
- Season and spread evenly on sheet pans.
- Put sheet pan in refrigerator for several hours, until mixture coagulates.
- Once the mixture has cooled, use a round cookie cutter to cut into round patties.
- Dredge in flour and deep fry.
The Limestone Restaurant is located at 10001 Forest Green Blvd., and is open Monday through Friday, from 5 to 10 p.m.
Price Range: $12 - $25