Ventilator motor causes nursing home fire - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Ventilator motor causes nursing home fire

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE)- Pleasure Ridge Park firefighters battled a fire inside The Georgetown Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation home on Gagel Avenue in Shively Sunday afternoon.

Major Luke Goodin, with PRP FD, said crews arrived to the nursing home around 4pm.  Inside, they found a ventilator fan that locked up and overheated a junction box. That motor created a small fire that was quickly put out.

Goodin said no residents were hurt, nor were they evacuated to the outside of the building.

Goodin said heat was not a factor in the fire.

Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved

Powered by Frankly