Assaulted man dies two months after beating - News, Weather & Sports

Assaulted man dies two months after beating

Marvin White Marvin White
House where Marvin White was beaten House where Marvin White was beaten
Robert Thompson Robert Thompson
Dwight Mitchell Dwight Mitchell

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Louisville Metro Police need your help to solve an assault case from early September has now turned into a homicide investigation after the elderly victim died from his injuries.

The assault on 84-year-old Marvin White happened in the 1100 block of South 40th Street in Louisville's Chickasaw neighborhood on September 7. Metro police say they are not sure of a motive. Now investigators are trying to get evidence and information to figure out what happened inside that home. 

Dwight Mitchell, a Louisville Metro Police spokesperson, said White had been beaten severely with some sort of blunt object. White would go be rushed to the hospital, but he would never regain consciousness and never able to tell police what happened, or who did it.

Robert Thompson lives across the street from White. He worked with him for 14 years and called White the neighborhood watch dog. Thompson said his neighbor was a caring and giving man. Neighbors just hope someone didn't take advantage of that.

"He saw you working on your car he'd come out there and ask what can I do to help you," said Thompson about White.

The case has now been turned over to homicide investigators. As a new investigation begins, everyone's puzzled who would want to attack the elderly man and why.

"Marvin was in pretty good health for as far as we knew for 80 some years old. He was in good health," Thompson said. "It hurts because we miss him.  We miss him. We miss him already."

Anyone with information that can help detectives solve this case are asked to call the LMPD Crime Tip Line at 574-LMPD (5673). All calls to the Crime Tip Line are anonymous.

Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly