18-year-old charged with two separate murders months apart - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

18-year-old charged with two separate murders months apart

Tyrone L. Mack duirng his arraignment on Jan. 1, 2012 Tyrone L. Mack duirng his arraignment on Jan. 1, 2012
Terri Woods Terri Woods
Marian Anderson-Dean Marian Anderson-Dean

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Two separate murders are months apart and an 18-year old is behind bars charged in connection.

WAVE 3 was the only camera in the courtroom when Tyrone Mack pleaded not guilty on Sunday. Between both cases, Mack is charged with two murders, two counts of attempted murder, wanton endangerment and tampering with physical evidence.

Back in August, 22-year-old Antonio Anderson, his fiance Terri Woods, and their four year old daughter went to Shawnee Park to watch a community kickball game when the unthinkable happened.

"There was a lot of people there and it was a lot of shots," said Woods. "I rolled down the windows, I was yelling his name and finally somebody came back to the car and told me he was hit, my daughter just instantly cried."

Anderson died during surgery, two other men were injured. Shortly after, Quentin Wilson and William Smith were arrested, but police said there may be more. On Saturday, 18-year-old Tyrone Mack was arrested.

Not only is Mack charged with Anderson's murder, but police say he admitted to shooting and killing Stephon Bowman in November while he was sitting in a car at 11th Street and Muhammad Ali Boulevard.

"We are very happy to take this individual off the street and make the community a little bit safer," said Lt. Barry Wilkerson with Louisville Metro Police. 

Anderson's mother, Marian Anderson-Dean, said her son did not know Mack, but they believe he was standing close to the intended target.

"I cry every day just to know that my son lost his life to something senseless," said Anderson-Dean.

To help with healing, Anderson-Dean decided to open a hair salon and in honor of her son name it after his nickname.

"They decided to call him Bobble Head because of the way he talked and he liked to bob his head and when he danced, he liked to bob his head," said Anderson-Dean.

Happy memories, that no one could ever take away.

"He had a million dollar smile, a smile that never will be erased," Anderson-Dean said.

Bobble Head's Beauty Salon will open in the next three weeks. It will be located at 3938 Cane Run Road.

Anderson leaves behind eight children.

Mack is due back in court on Jan. 11.

Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.  

Powered by Frankly