Grilled Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 pint of Fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 Fresh Orange peel and sectioned
- Bourbon to taste
- Fresh Thyme (optional)
- Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and until soft peaks form, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes
Mix strawberries with the sugar, juice of the orange, Bourbon, Thyme and Orange sections, refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
Remove shortcake from package, Cut into 1 inch thick slices Pan Fry, or Grill till golden brown (can be done in a toaster always watching)
Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto each Grilled shortcake slice. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream.