Created by Brown-Forman Chef Mark Williams, 2012
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 16 large asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 thin slices Kentucky country ham (about 4 ounces total)
- 1/2 cup Pecorino cheese
Preheat grill to moderate heat.
Transfer asparagus to large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to coat. Grill until lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes. Keep warm.
Bring a small pot of water to a low boil, crack eggs and put in water one at a time, keeping water at high simmer/low boil. Cook until whites are set and yolks are at desired consistency, 3-5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain.
While eggs cook, arrange 4 asparagus spears in fan pattern on each of 8 plates. Sprinkle each plate with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and then drizzle each with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Drape 1 slice prosciutto atop asparagus on each plate.