From Food Stylist Donna Huttnen
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups favorite berries (sweet or sour cherries, blueberries, raspberries or any combination of berries – can be frozen berries, but add 2 tbsp. corn starch)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 pie crust shell
- 1 roll pie crust dough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugars, corn starch and cinnamon.
- Toss with fruit and lemon juice.
- Put fruit mixture in pie shell, dot with butter, top with pie crust dough.
- Seal and scallop edges of dough.
- Brush crust with beaten egg, sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut vents in top of crust.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. (If edges brown before done, cover edges with aluminum foil.)