Family escapes Highlands house fire - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Family escapes Highlands house fire

Posted: Updated:
The home where the fire happened. The home where the fire happened.

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – A Louisville family was able to make it out of their home safely Sunday morning after a fire broke out.

Fire crews were called to the scene on Sils Avenue in the Highlands around 9:30 and found smoke coming from the home. Two adults and a baby got out of the home and are all okay.

The fire appears to have started around a fireplace on the first floor.

Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.