TURKEY TETRAZZINI- MADE THE QUICK AND EASY WAY!
This is a great "day after" recipe for your leftover turkey or chicken. It can also be made ‘first run' with cooked chicken bought from your grocer's packages meat dept. Either way with a green salad and Italian bread you will rate a "bravo" from your family and friends.
2-3 C of turkey ( or chicken)
1 package of spaghetti ( 12 oz)
1 can ( 4 oz) mushrooms
1 tsp. pesto
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can ( soup can) of milk
* Leftover cooked: peas OR broccoli
Bread crumbs /Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions, rinse and set aside.
2. In a skillet, gently coat the cooked turkey or chicken in pesto over low heat.
3. Combine turkey/chicken with the cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, soup and milk in a large bowl.
4. ** If you have leftover peas or broccoli you can add one or the other if you choose. ( 1 cup of either- not both!!)
5. Pour into a 2 qrt. casserole dish. (or for skillet casserole- heat in electric skillet together)
6. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 350 deg. about 30 min or until top is lightly browned.