Neighbor saves elderly woman from burning home

LEBANON, KY (WAVE) - A neighbor is being credited with saving an elderly woman from her burning home.

According to firefighters, a heater sparked and caught the Lebanon home on fire.

A couple, in their 80s, were crawling out of their house when the woman tried to go back in and get something. A neighbor went and rescued her.

The woman was brought to University Hospital where she is being treated for burns to her back and throat from smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.