OH Atty General: Be wary of ticket sales for OSU-UM game
COLUMBUS, OH (TOLEDO NEWS NOW) - Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine warns sports fans to be wary of last-minute ticket sales to big games or events like the Ohio State versus Michigan game.
"Ohioans have been continually scammed by online ticket sellers," said Attorney General DeWine. "We want to remind Ohioans to be careful when purchasing tickets online from third party vendors or online market places."
The office has already received complaints of fraudulent tickets sold for the big game on Saturday. One consumer thought he bought tickets online and wired money to have the tickets mailed. The tickets never arrived.
The Federal Trade Commission offers the following tips to protect yourself from a ticket scam:
• Check with the event organizer, promoter, or venue where the event will be held to learn how and when tickets are being sold.
• Be aware that the official logo and trademarks (or look-a-likes) of the event can be imitated to try to convince you that a bogus website, or ticket, is official.
• Read what others say about the seller. Search the Internet to find out about other people's experiences.
• Be skeptical of sites that say they "guarantee" tickets. Some companies sell package deals without having the tickets in hand. Even if the seller intends to get the tickets later, they may not be able to.
• Always print a copy of your order for your files.
Additionally, wiring money or using prepaid credit cards is a preferred way for scammers to be paid. Be very cautious when a seller asks for one of these methods.
Sunday, March 9 2014 2:40 PM EDT2014-03-09 18:40:44 GMT
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The coroner released the identity of a woman who was hit and killed by someone driving a van. The accident occurred Sunday around 4:36 a.m. on Preston Highway at Pinecroft DriveMore >>
The accident occurred Sunday around 4:36 a.m. on Preston Highway at Pinecroft Drive near Blue Lick Road in the Okolona neighborhood of Louisville.More >>
Sunday, March 9 2014 5:50 PM EDT2014-03-09 21:50:21 GMT
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – A business was evacuated due to a gas leak as hazmat crews continue to work to secure the area, according to Louisville Metrosafe. Dispatchers confirmed the business is in theMore >>
Fire crews were able to set up a water line and fog curtain to approach the tank and shut off the valve. The leak was contained at 12:56 p.m.More >>
Sunday, March 9 2014 2:38 PM EDT2014-03-09 18:38:57 GMT
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Police have responded to a fatal car accident early Sunday morning. Around 4:45, the accident was reported in Okolona, at Preston Highway and Blue Lick Road. Police aren'tMore >>
Around 4:45 a.m., the accident was reported in Okolona at Preston Highway and Blue Lick Road.
Friday, March 7 2014 9:42 PM EST2014-03-08 02:42:29 GMT
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – One man is dead after an accident involving three vehicles in south Louisville. According to Jefferson County Deputy Coroner RD Jones, Ricky Duncan, 54, was driving a Ford escortMore >>
The Louisville Metro Police Department Traffic Unit is investigating the crash.More >>
725 S. Floyd Street
Louisville, KY 40203