An apartment fire broke out in College Hill Saturday evening.
Initial arriving fire crews reported that fire was showing from the first floor of a three-story apartment building at 4916 Hawaiian Terrace.
Fire crews were able to contain and quickly extinguish the fire.
No injuries have been reported.
According to reports, a dog was rescued from the fire due to the quick action of the responding fire fighters.
The cause of the fire has been determined as combustibles too close to a heating source. Neighbors reported hearing smoke alarms prior to the fire.
Damage has been estimated at $15 thousand.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Texas woman is suing Facebook over a fake profile.
725 S. Floyd Street
Louisville, KY 40203
FCC Public File