Fire crews called to apartment at 861 Beecher St. on Thursday - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Unattended candle causes Walnut Hills apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
WALNUT HILLS (FOX19) -

A Walnut Hills apartment caught fire on Thursday.

Fire crews were called to 861 Beecher Street, just before 2:30 p.m. The blaze was found on the 8th floor of a ten-story high rise.

Officials say the fire remained inside one apartment, and it was put out within 10 to 15 minutes. 35 firefighters were called to the scene.

Authorities determined the cause of the fire was an unattended candle.

No one was injured, and damage is estimated at $5,000.

Officials remind residents to never leave an open flame unattended, and be sure to keep combustible material away from flames and hot surfaces.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.