One person injured, home heavily damaged in Saturday fire - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

One person injured, home heavily damaged in Saturday fire

SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

One person was sent to the hospital following a fire in northern Smith County on Saturday afternoon.

The fire started around 1 p.m. off of County Road 314, that is near Tyler State Park.

Red Springs Fire Department was the first on scene and called in backup when they saw the home fully engulfed with smoke that could be seen for miles. 

Eventually, there were five departments all battling the fire, which took about an hour and a half to contain. Red Springs Fire Chief Tim Thompson confirmed one person was taken to the hospital with severe burns. 

Despite all the manpower, Lindale's Fire Department's Assistant Chief Clay Williamson said there were all of factors working against them.

"The wind had a little factor of it feeding the fire, make it bigger, make it hotter. Other than that, the water supply for fire hoses was a little limited for us,"  Williamson said.

Williamson said they used a foam system to suppress the rest of the ambers and even though the fire was out, the smoke would probably continue for the next couple of hours.

He said fire crews would monitor the property to make sure the fire did not spark back up.

Officials say the cause of the fire was spilled gas igniting from a dropped match in the garage. The young boy who dropped the match was the person that was injured. The extend of his injuries are not yet know at this time.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

  • WAVE 3 NewsNEWSMore>>

  • Samsung says batteries caused Note 7 fires, delays new phone

    Samsung says batteries caused Note 7 fires, delays new phone

    Monday, January 23 2017 5:09 AM EST2017-01-23 10:09:56 GMT
    Monday, January 23 2017 5:09 AM EST2017-01-23 10:09:56 GMT
    Samsung Electronics says flaws in the design and production of batteries used in its Galaxy Note 7, not its hardware or software, made the smartphone prone to catching fireMore >>
    Samsung Electronics says flaws in the design and production of batteries used in its Galaxy Note 7, not its hardware or software, made the smartphone prone to catching fireMore >>
  • MUGSHOT MONDAY: January 2017 Roundup

    MUGSHOT MONDAY: January 2017 Roundup

    Monday, April 18 2016 11:14 AM EDT2016-04-18 15:14:48 GMT
    Sunday, January 22 2017 11:50 PM EST2017-01-23 04:50:11 GMT

    See who's been arrested this month in WAVE Country and read about the crimes they're accused of committing. An arrest is not a presumption of guilt.

    More >>

    See who's been arrested this month in WAVE Country and read about the crimes they're accused of committing. An arrest is not a presumption of guilt.

    More >>
  • Man on finding toddler: 'One of the worst feelings ever'

    Man on finding toddler: 'One of the worst feelings ever'

    Monday, January 23 2017 12:16 AM EST2017-01-23 05:16:23 GMT
    Kaleb Nicholson is being called a hero for locating the body of William Roberts early Sunday morning. (Source: Daniel Paxton/ WAVE 3 News)Kaleb Nicholson is being called a hero for locating the body of William Roberts early Sunday morning. (Source: Daniel Paxton/ WAVE 3 News)

    The mother of two-year-old William Roberts took her eyes off her son for a couple minutes Saturday afternoon, according to police. The toddler disappeared in a creek in Borden, Indiana around 230 p.m. 

    More >>

    The mother of two-year-old William Roberts took her eyes off her son for a couple minutes Saturday afternoon, according to police. The toddler disappeared in a creek in Borden, Indiana around 230 p.m. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly