Fire starts in Okolona garage - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Fire starts in Okolona garage

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters on the scene of the fire. Firefighters on the scene of the fire.

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A fire that started in a garage damaged a home.

Around 12:30 p.m. Sunday firefighters responded to the home on River Trail Drive, near McNeely Lake, south of Okolona.

Firefighters dealt with frigid temperatures, but said they were able to gain control of the fire quickly.

Investigators believe the fire started thought to have started from a wood smoker in the garage igniting gasoline from a lawn mower.

Although much of the home suffered smoke and water damage, a majority was saved.

Nobody was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.