Crews quickly extinguish Madisonville fire - News, Weather & Sports

Crews quickly extinguish Madisonville fire


Fire crews quickly extinguished a fire in Madisonville that occurred late Tuesday night.

Crews were called to the 5800 block of Chandler around 11:30 p.m.

The occupant stated there was smoke coming from the attic area of her single family dwelling. Initial arriving fire crews reported light smoke on the second floor of the two story dwelling.

After opening the ceiling area fire crews discovered a small fire, which had extended into the attic. The fire was quickly extinguished without incident.

There were no reported injuries to civilian or firefighters. However, two occupants were displaced and the damage is estimated at $10,000. The cause of the fire is due to an electrical short circuit.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • Crews quickly extinguish Madisonville fireMore>>

Powered by Frankly