Man burned over half his body in garage fire - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Man burned over half his body in garage fire

Posted: Updated:
The fire happened inside a garage on Payne Street near Frankfort Avenue. The fire happened inside a garage on Payne Street near Frankfort Avenue.
A MetroSafe dispatcher said a gas can exploded in the victim's face. A MetroSafe dispatcher said a gas can exploded in the victim's face.

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – A Louisville man was seriously hurt after a fire inside his garage on Monday.

According to a MetroSafe dispatcher, a gas can ignited and blew up in the man's face in the garage on Payne Street near Frankfort Avenue.

The man was rushed to a hospital with second degree burns on 50 percent of his body.

Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.