OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAVE 3 News, 725 S. Floyd St. Louisville, KY 40203 and Odds On Promotions, 6195 Ridgeview Court, Suite D, Reno, NV 89519 ("Sponsors"). The promotion begins at 5:00pm on April 25th, 2013 and ends at 6:00pm on May 22nd, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Kentucky and Indiana in WAVE-TV's viewing area, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAVE-TV, Odds On Promotions and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. When the alphanumerical serial codeon the winning One Dollar United States of America Federal Reserve Note ($1 bill) is announced live on the air for no longer than ten (10) seconds in the 5:00pm hour of WAVE 3 News, viewers must call the contest line at [502-571-5263] within fifteen (15) minutes. All calls to the station will be recorded for replay on-air and for contest verification. The winner(s) must stay on the line until released to verify the winning $1 bill and provide their name, address and phone number to the person that receives the call. The winner(s) must then bring the winning $1 bill to WAVE 3 News at 725 S. Floyd St. the next business day between 8:30am and 5:30pm for on-site verification. Information given by all entrants, including the winner(s), becomes the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses. Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). The potential prize for this contest is Ten-thousand Dollars ($10,000) each weekday (Monday through Friday, excluding Saturday and Sunday) beginning Thursday April 25th, 2013 and ending on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013. On Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 the potential prize is One-hundred-thousand dollars ($100,000). The total prize potential for this contest is Two-hundred and Ninety-thousand dollars ($290,000). The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsors. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. The prize will be awarded by Odds On Promotions to each viewer with a winning $1 bill following a "Proof of Claim" verification with Odds On Promotion. To win, entrants must call with the winning serial number within 15 minutes of the announcement of the winning number on the air and give WAVE-TV their name, address, and phone number. The winner(s) must come to the front desk of WAVE 3 News at 725 S. Floyd St. in Louisville, KY between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm on the next business day after winning to verify the $1 bill. Winners have until 5:30pm on the next business day to verify their prize on-site or the prize will be forfeited. Entrants must have acquired the winning dollar through normal everyday commerce in order to win.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning are undeterminable based on the nature of the contest. The contest is based on the risk of winning rather than the odds of winning. The risk is assumed and determined by Odds On Promotions for the potential of a winner.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 30 days of on-site prize verification, or the prize will be forfeited. All winner(s) must take possession of their prize by 5:30pm ET on June 24th, 2013 or the prize will be forfeited. Winner(s) must comply with Odds On's "Proof of Claim" process in order to receive the prize. This process may include signing an Affidavit of Winning, submitting the winning dollar to Odds On for inspection, and/or agreeing to a polygraph examination.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAVE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAVE-TV if WAVE-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged by winner(s) for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAVE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto. By calling WAVE-TV, each entrant gives their consent to have their entire phone call recorded and submitted to Odds On for "Proof of Claim" verification.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAVE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAVE-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsors' web sites, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, please call the station at (502) 585-2201 between May 22nd and July 22nd, 2013.