From Chef Ouita Michel
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups whole Milk
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
Woodford Honey and Black Berries
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 2 Tbsp. Woodford Reserve
- Fresh black berries or your favorite berry for garnish
1. Combine the cream, sugar, orange zest, along with the scraped vanilla bean in a sauce pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add the Woodford Reserve to the hot liquid and turn off the flame.
2. In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin across the top of the milk and let bloom or soften for a few minutes. Strain the hot cream over the gelatin and whisk together to make sure all the gelatin is dissolved.
3. Lightly spray 4 ounce custard cups with a pan release spray and pour the custard mix into the molds. Refrigerate at least 6 hours but best over night.
4. For the sauce: Gently heat the honey, stir in the Woodford Reserve.