Clothes dryer blamed for fire at restaurant - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Clothes dryer blamed for fire at restaurant

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – The owner of a Highlands restaurant said he plans to be open for dinner after a morning fire.

The fire reported at 8:37 a.m. Monday at the Highlands Tap Room Grill, 1062 Bardstown Road.

Captain Sal Melendez, a Louisville Fire Department spokesperson, said the first crews arrived three minutes after being dispatched and saw light smoke coming back of the building.

After getting inside, crews found a clothes dryer on fire in the basement of the two story building. Melendez said the fire was put out and the dryer, which contained rags, taken outside the building.

Although there was smoke throughout the restaurant, the building suffered no structural damage.

While fire crews were on the scene, a section of Bardstown Road between Highland Avenue and Grinstead Drive was closed.

Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.