Tongs, Sauté Pan, Knife, Cutting Board, Resting Rack, Large Spoon, Oven
3 each 12 oz. Bistro Tenders
6 oz. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 oz. Oyster Mushrooms
2 oz. Portobello Mushrooms
2 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms
2 oz. Chanterelle Mushrooms
1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Garlic
6 oz. Red Wine
8 oz. Veal Demi-Glace
1 Tablespoon Whole Unsalted Butter
1) Place sauté pan over medium heat and add ½ of the olive oil.
2) Season Bistro tenders with salt and pepper to taste then place into hot oil.
3) Using tongs rotate tenders until all sides are caramelized. Remove pan from the stove top and place into a 350 degree oven. Cook until desired temperature is reached. Remove from oven and place tenders onto a resting rack.
4) Place the same sauté pan onto the stove top over medium heat and add the other ½ of the olive oil. Place all mushrooms into the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with red wine and reduce by half.
5) Add demi-glace and cook for 2 minutes. Finish the sauce with whole butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) Cut bistro tenders against the grain and place onto a large serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the beef and serve.