Colonial Cottage Queen City Jambalaya
5# Queen City Andouille Sausage (sliced bite-sized)
2# Chicken Breast
8 Bay Leaves
3 Jumbo Onions Diced fine
1 Red Onion
4 Large Green Peppers
2 Cups Jalapenos slices
3 #10 cans Diced
½ Cup minced garlic
1 Gallon Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Crushed
1 #10 can tomato puree
½ Cup Sugar
6 24 ounce boxes of
(Shrimp and/or crawfish can be added to this recipe)
1. Sauté chicken breast, onions, bell peppers, garlic, jalapeno, Cajun
seasoning, cayenne pepper, and oregano until vegetables are soft, stirring
2. Heat Chicken Stock in a large pot. Add Crushed Tomatoes,
Tomato Puree, Bay Leaves, sugar and bring to a slow boil stirring regularly to
avoid burning the bottom.
3. Add seasoned vegetables, crushed red pepper,
cubed Chicken and sliced sausage to pot. Cover and simmer for 1
4. Remove from heat and divide into 6 equal portions. Chill.
1. Bring one container of mixture to a simmer and add 24 ounces of rice and
2. Reduce heat and cook until rice is tender. Stirring regularly.
Water can be added to reach desired consistency. Serves about 24.