The board of trustees approved the 4 percent increase Friday.
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - University of Louisville president James Ramsey has been given a raise.
The board of trustees approved the 4 percent increase Friday. The board's Compensation Committee had recommended a 6 percent increase, by Ramsey requested a smaller amount. Ramsey said that was in line with faculty and staff average increase.
Roughly 45 percent of Ramsey's $600,000 salary last year came from the university and the other 55 percent from the privately funded university foundation. The trustees also recommended the foundation pay Ramsey a $150,000 bonus into his retirement account, which is called for under his contract.
It was announced last month that undergraduate tuition is also going up at the university by 3 percent.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>