Emergency crews were called to a small house fire Friday evening in Clifton Heights.
It was reported in the 500 block of Conroy Street just before 9 p.m. According to fire officials, a neighbor reported seeing flames coming from the roof.
Upon arrival, crews were able to extinguish the fire relatively quickly. However, authorities say the blaze caused $15,000 worth of damage to the building and also $1,500 in damages to the house next door.
It was determined the fire was caused by an unattended candle under a rooftop gondola.
In total, 31 firefighters responded to the scene. No one was injured.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>