Coroner: Autopsy for Ariel Castro complete - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Coroner: Autopsy for Ariel Castro complete

Posted: Updated:
Ariel Castro Ariel Castro
(WOIO) -

The Franklin County Coroner tells 19 Action News the autopsy for the death of Ariel Castro is complete. Her finding confirms a suicide.

Dr. Jan Gorniak says she found no foul play or any involvement by anyone else.

The Highway Patrol has been waiting for the coroner's report so that it can finish its investigation. Meantime, the state prison systems said this week that it's director was reviewing a report on an internal investigation. Results from that report are imminent. 

Castro used a bed sheet to hang himself in his cell last month at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Pickaway County.

Castro had been sentenced on August 1 to life in prison, plus 1,000 years, for kidnapping and sexually assaulting Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus while holding them captive in his Seymour Avenue house for over a decade.  

Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Couple arrested for having sex on public beach in broad daylight

    Couple arrested for having sex on public beach in broad daylight

    BRADENTON BEACH, FL (WFLX) - People are outraged after a Florida couple was caught having sex on a public beach Sunday afternoon in front of dozens of people including children. Bradenton Beach policeMore >>
    People are outraged after a Florida couple was caught having sex on a public beach Sunday afternoon in front of dozens of people including children.More >>
  • Are Louisville food trucks making the grade?

    Are Louisville food trucks making the grade?

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:06:24 GMT
    WAVE 3 News Troubleshooter Eric Flack's investigation into food trucks last summer was one of his most talked about stories in years. His undercover video and health department interviews stirred a fiery response. Now, a new report about food truck safety has been released by the Institute for Justice, and it's good news for the industry and food truck operators.More >>
    WAVE 3 News Troubleshooter Eric Flack's investigation into food trucks last summer was one of his most talked about stories in years. His undercover video and health department interviews stirred a fiery response. Now, a new report about food truck safety has been released by the Institute for Justice, and it's good news for the industry and food truck operators.

    More >>
  • Armed robbers continue to target fast food restaurants

    Armed robbers continue to target fast food restaurants

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:20 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:20:47 GMT
    They are popular, successful and most of the time they are safe places to be, but now police are investigating the third fast food robbery in as many weeks.More >>
    They are popular, successful and most of the time they are safe places to be, but now police are investigating the third fast food robbery in as many weeks.More >>