Top high school recruit Ronnie Clark verbally commits to Alabama - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Top high school recruit verbally commits to Alabama Crimson Tide

Ronnie Clark announced his commitment Friday. Source: WBRC video Ronnie Clark announced his commitment Friday. Source: WBRC video
CALERA, AL (WBRC) -

One of the state's top high school football prospects, Ronnie Clark, has made a verbal commitment to play for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

"I'm really pumped about it and really excited and I just can't wait to get down there," Clark said.

Clark attends Calera High School and has been recruited by many schools in the southeast. He announced earlier that he had the schools narrowed down to Alabama and Auburn.

Clark was recruited as a defensive back but he can play quarterback.

At the commitment ceremony, Clark repeatedly said that he chose Alabama because "deep down in my heart" that's where he felt like he should play.

"It was a big thing to me. Both of the schools are good...good education...Auburn's program is on the rise right onw. But I just felt that this was the school deep down in my heart that I needed to be at," he said.

Clark has taken his time making this decision and he said a lot of people have asked him what he would do. He says his final decision came down to a few factors.

"God, me and my mom and dad and the feeling that I had," he said.

Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.

  • SEC FootballSEC CoverageMore>>

  • Mississippi State and Dan Mullen agree to 4-year contract extension

    Mississippi State and Dan Mullen agree to 4-year contract extension

    Monday, February 27 2017 11:57 PM EST2017-02-28 04:57:02 GMT
    WLBTWLBT

    Mullen's financial package will be $4.5 million this season. The new contract extension runs through February 2021.

    More >>

    Mullen's financial package will be $4.5 million this season. The new contract extension runs through February 2021.

    More >>
  • BREAKING

    Ole Miss football announces one-year postseason ban following new NCAA violations

    Ole Miss football announces one-year postseason ban following new NCAA violations

    Wednesday, February 22 2017 7:54 PM EST2017-02-23 00:54:04 GMT
    (Source: Austin McAfee)(Source: Austin McAfee)

    The University of Mississippi has announced the NCAA's has completed their investigation and the school has received a notice of allegations.  In a YouTube video released by the university, Chancellor Jeffery Vitter, Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics Ross Bjork and Head Football Coach Hugh Freeze outlined the violations.  Ole Miss received its original notice of allegations on Jan. 30 2016. There were 13 violations tied to the football program. ...

    More >>

    The University of Mississippi has announced the NCAA's has completed their investigation and the school has received a notice of allegations.  In a YouTube video released by the university, Chancellor Jeffery Vitter, Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics Ross Bjork and Head Football Coach Hugh Freeze outlined the violations.  Ole Miss received its original notice of allegations on Jan. 30 2016. There were 13 violations tied to the football program. ...

    More >>
  • LSU defensive end Arden Key taking time away from football

    LSU defensive end Arden Key taking time away from football

    LSU junior defensive end Arden Key is stepping away from football for personal reasons. 

    More >>

    LSU junior defensive end Arden Key is stepping away from football for personal reasons. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly