Discarded ashes start fire in North Branford - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Discarded ashes start fire in North Branford


North Branford fire crews continue to investigate after a fire broke out along Woodvale Drive early Friday morning.

The fire marshal tells Eyewitness News it appears the fire is accidental in nature as was sparked by discarded ashes in a wooded area.

Officials said ashes disposed of by the homeowner caught the brush on fire and then spread to a nearby woodpile and two vehicles.

Fire crews were able to stop the flames before they could reach a nearby shed and the home.

The two vehicles were a complete loss, and the family also lost a pet who was caught up in the fire, officials said.

The fire marshal warned that conditions are extremely dry, and it does not take much to spark a fire or for it to spread because of that.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly