LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are 10 things Kentuckiana will be talking about today:
1. Warmer weather is near, but brings rain with it – Temperatures will warm up throughout the day and clouds will roll in today as temperatures warm to near 58. Rain will develop overnight and lead to heavy downpours this weekend.
2. Who wants to be a millionaire? – One lucky person holds a winning $1 million Mega Millions ticket! Sold at the Kroger in Middletown, the owner of the golden gem will have 180 days to claim their prize. Check your tickets and good luck!
3. A&E suspends ‘Duck Dynasty' star – Comments Phil Robertson made about homosexuality have lead the star of the ultra-popular show to be suspended. Social media is on fire with opinions about the suspension of the shows patriarch.
4. Chase leads to crash – After stealing a Jeep, a Louisville man side-swipes a squad car and leads police on a chase before crashing in a neighborhood. The Jeep's owner said she hoped she would get her car back, but didn't expect it to be like this.
5. 115 cases could be in jeopardy – Allegations against a former corrections officer are causing the Jefferson County Attorney's Office some extra work. Daniel Lister's primary job was as the breath test operator which is leading to 115 DUI cases being reviewed.
6. Crash claims life of 11-month-old – Six days after a crash claimed the life of her 2-year-old sister, Brynlee Summers has died. The fatal accident also claimed the life of a 23-year-old Navy sailor.
7. Sex offender granted training license – The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission is trying to figure out how Julio Rijos, Jr. was granted a training license and was allowed to be a jockey's agent after admitting to being on the state's Sex Offender Registry.
8.Pass the Cash – A stranger reached out to help a 9-year-old and her family this holiday season. Natalie Grace has spent most of her young life fighting cancer, but in spite of everything, just wants to be a little girl.
9. Know Before You Go - A number of lane restrictions and closures will be in effect at various times throughout the day and evening because of work on the Ohio River Bridges Project. Click here for a complete rundown of what to expect on the roads today and all this week.
10. Sunrise Christmas Kettle Competition - Who do you want to spare from wearing an ugly Christmas sweater on the air: John Boel, Lauren Jones, Christie Dutton or Chris McGill? The person who receives the least amount of money in their individual WAVE 3 News Sunrise Online Red Kettles will don the gay apparel. All proceeds go to the Salvation Army. Donations are tax deductible. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted forms of payment. You have until Christmas Eve to donate to the kettles.
Copyright 2013 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.