Firefighters battle blaze at popular O'boro restaurant - News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters battle blaze at popular O'boro restaurant

Photo Courtesy: Michelle Warren. Photo Courtesy: Michelle Warren.

Despite a pre-dawn fire, Owensboro's Moonlite Barbecue is open for business Wednesday.  

The grease fire broke out in one of the barbecue pits around 4:00 a.m., but after a quick cleanup, the doors were open for lunch.

"Everyone is working so hard and its just like it always is," customer Georgia Marksberry said.

Fire firefighters were able to get the fire under control Wednesday morning before it could spread to other parts of the restaurant, so luckily there was little damage and no one was hurt. 

"We had a lot of people calling us in saying there was a birthday dinner or they had something ordered to be picked up for an event. I am really glad not to let anybody down," manager Patrick Bosley said.

Moonlite had another fire back in August of 2010, which caused the restaurant to shut down for several days.

"It was a much more significant fire than this one. This is kind of going to be a little clean up and keep going forward," Bosely said.

He says that there are some minor damages that will need to be repaired, but nothing that is going to stop them from opening. 

Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly