BULLITT COUNTY, KY (WAVE) – Fire crews found an electrocuted man when they responded to a large field fire early Friday morning.
According to Bullitt County Sheriff's Office, Nichols Fire Department was dispatched to a fire on Nichols Hill Road off KY Hwy 44 near Knob Creek.
The fire department found wires down and contacted the electric company to make sure the scene was safe to extinguish the fire. While working on putting the fire out, crews discovered a male who had died from electrocution.
Preliminary investigations show the man was in the processor stealing copper and other items from the high power lines that carry 33,000 volts. Officials believe that he cut into a ground line and was electrocuted. This caused his death as well as the fire.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>