Bye-bye potholes? Cincinnati to start pothole blitz March 4 - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Bye-bye potholes? Cincinnati to start pothole blitz Friday

Posted: Updated:
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

Cincinnati is about to start its pothole blitz.

Beginning March 4, the city will have a 30-day pothole blitz. The city does this every year but this year officials anticipate it being a more labor-intensive project. The city will be having additional public works crews dealing with all the potholes.

Larry Whitaker with the city's public works department says so far this winter season (from November to Tuesday), they have had 1,011 pothole complaints. 

The city has closed 602 cases. The city expects that number to continue to grow.  Whitaker says they expect this to be a higher than average pothole season, given all the snow.

The city expects to have 10-12 crews out working on identifying and patching the holes. 

The city encourages the public to call in and report potholes. There are three ways:

  1. Call the citywide call center, public services section at 513-591-6000.
  2. Go to the website 5916000.com
  3. Download the city hall app for IPHONE and ANDROID. (search for city hall Cincinnati on the app store). Whitaker says the application has the ability to use GPS to pinpoint the location of the pothole. He states it is the most convenient method of reporting a pothole since residents can make the report from anywhere anytime and not have to wait in queue for the next available customer service representative.

Related content:

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Only On 3

    4-year-old boy banned from local doughnut shop

    4-year-old boy banned from local doughnut shop

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 6:55 PM EDT2014-07-22 22:55:12 GMT
    Kids say the darndest things, but one local inquisitive 4-year-old boy asked a question that got him banned from a Monroe doughnut shop.More >>
    Kids say the darndest things, but one local inquisitive 4-year-old boy asked a question that got him banned from a Monroe doughnut shop.More >>
  • Lawsuit: Princeton BMC doctors amputated man's genitals without prior warning

    Lawsuit: Princeton BMC doctors amputated man's genitals without prior warning

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:56 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:56:38 GMT
    A Jefferson County man is suing his doctors and a local hospital, alleging that he went in for a circumcision but when he woke up, doctors had amputated his genitals.More >>
    A Jefferson County man is suing his doctors and a local hospital, alleging that he went in for a circumcision but when he woke up, doctors had amputated his genitals.More >>
  • Are Louisville food trucks making the grade?

    Are Louisville food trucks making the grade?

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:06:24 GMT
    WAVE 3 News Troubleshooter Eric Flack's investigation into food trucks last summer was one of his most talked about stories in years. His undercover video and health department interviews stirred a fiery response. Now, a new report about food truck safety has been released by the Institute for Justice, and it's good news for the industry and food truck operators.More >>
    WAVE 3 News Troubleshooter Eric Flack's investigation into food trucks last summer was one of his most talked about stories in years. His undercover video and health department interviews stirred a fiery response. Now, a new report about food truck safety has been released by the Institute for Justice, and it's good news for the industry and food truck operators.

    More >>