CINCINNATI (AP) - An Indiana couple has been arrested in Ohio on child endangering charges because police say they overdosed on heroin in a McDonald's play area.
Hamilton County court records show that the fire department in Green Township, just west of Cincinnati, responded to a call Sunday of two adults needing attention in the restaurant's children's play area. Authorities say one was unconscious and not breathing; the other was conscious but unresponsive.
They recovered from what police say were "life-threatening overdoses" of heroin. Authorities say the couple acknowledged taking the drugs while caring for two children, a 5-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy.
Court documents show each pleaded not guilty. Robert Paul Palmer, 37, was being held Thursday on $10,000 bond. Tamica Lynn Jeffers, 33, was being held on $6,000 bond.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Thursday, June 8 2017 2:45 PM EDT2017-06-08 18:45:13 GMT
There are still a few tickets left for Thursday's Muslim prayer service to honor Muhammad Ali. But there are none left for the interfaith memorial on Friday. Muslims have traveled from all over the world to pay...More >>
U.S. health officials say consumers should avoid a variety of papaya from Mexico linked to a salmonella outbreak that has been blamed for the death of a person in New York City and for sickening 46 others in 12 states. The...More >>