COLUMBUS, Ind. (AP) - Authorities have suspended the search for a Michigan man who went missing after a kayaking accident on a river in southern Indiana.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources said in a statement Sunday evening that the search for 27-year-old Enrique Quinonez was suspended due to darkness and will resume Monday morning.
Conservation Officer Jet Quillen says Quinonez's kayak capsized shortly after he and a friend launched their boats Sunday morning on the Flatrock River in Columbus, about 40 miles south of Indianapolis. He says the friend pulled Quinonez to a tree, but he lost his grip and went underwater. He says Quinonez wasn't wearing a life jacket and couldn't swim.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Thursday, June 8 2017 2:45 PM EDT2017-06-08 18:45:13 GMT
There are still a few tickets left for Thursday's Muslim prayer service to honor Muhammad Ali. But there are none left for the interfaith memorial on Friday. Muslims have traveled from all over the world to pay...More >>
An employee at a Kentucky coal mine has been sentenced for violating the federal Mine Safety and Health Act. The U.S. attorney's office said Daniel L. Couch Jr. pleaded guilty in July and was sentenced last week to two...More >>