Pork chops Bourbonaise
6—10 ounce of your favorite pork chops ( I use one big chop or two little chops per person)
3 cups Early Times bourbon
1 ½ cups ketchup
3 cups brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1 ½ cups Creole mustard
½ small can of chipotles in adobo
Combine the bourbon, ketchup, sugar, soy, mustard and chipotles in a sauce pan and simmer until reduced by about 1/3. Cool—use enough to marinate the pork chops thoroughly—and save the rest for a tasty sauce. This also makes a great sauce for ribs and chicken.
We serve with Wesienberger cheese Grits, sautéed mustard greens with Woodford Bacon Jam, and Woodford honey poached fuji apples.
Rose Scented Woodford Reserve Blackberry Shortcakes with Sorghum Crème Fraiche
Rose scented biscuit shortbread:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 Tbsp. rosewater syrup
Zest of 1 lemon
1 stick (4 ounces) cold or frozen unsalted butter
¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a cheese grater, grate cold or frozen butter into dry ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Add buttermilk and rose water syrup and quickly work into flour mixture with a pastry cutter, wooden spoon, or by hand. Knead with a few quick strokes into a rounded mound and let rest 20-30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to a thickness of ½ inch. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter or glass rim.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and baked through.
- When cooled, slice horizontally..
2 cups blackberries or substitute your favorite berry
2 tablespoons rosewater syrup
1 Tbsp. fresh minced mint
1 ounce Woodford Reserve
Mix everything together and let sit for about 12 minutes
½ cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sorghum
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 tsp. Woodford Reserve- just a splash
- Whisk sour cream in a small mixing bowl and slowly whisk in heavy cream.
- Add the sorghum and beat together until stiff like a nice whipped cream
- Fold in the Vanilla and the Woodford Reserve. Chill.