Neighbor saves 2-year-old from fire - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Neighbor saves 2-year-old from fire

Posted: Updated:
Ray Arnold of Burlington says he is lucky to be alive after cooking grease burst into flames on Monday. Ray Arnold of Burlington says he is lucky to be alive after cooking grease burst into flames on Monday.
2-year-old Micah has down syndrome and was sleeping in an upstairs bedroom. 2-year-old Micah has down syndrome and was sleeping in an upstairs bedroom.

BURLINGTON, KY (WAVE) – A father is thanking his neighbor for saving his young son's life.

Ray Arnold of Burlington says he is lucky to be alive after cooking grease burst into flames on Monday. Arnold said he tripped and aggravated the fire. A neighbor jumped into action and ran in to help.

"The whole kitchen was on fire as soon as I got out, the whole living room and I was screaming ‘Jay did you get Micah,' said Arnold. "He ran up the steps. He didn't know what room he was in. He really saved my son's life.  He came out and he had Micah."

2-year-old Micah has down syndrome and was sleeping in an upstairs bedroom.

Arnold is recovering from burns to his legs and their home is completely destroyed.

Copyright 2014 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.